I Regret Ekweremadu's Emergence As My Deputy - Saraki

I Regret Ekweremadu's Emergence As My Deputy - Saraki

The Senate president, Dr Bukola Saraki, has expressed regrets over the emergence of senator Ike Ekweremadu as the deputy Senate president.
Saraki, under fire for boycotting the leadership of the All Progressives Congress (APC) to emerge
as the Senate president undisputed, also dismissed allegations that he deliberately connived with Ekweremadu, a Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) member, to make him (Ekweremadu) the deputy Senate president.
The Senate president, during a chat with select journalists in Abuja, insisted that it was the absence of the APC senators from the chamber that caused the emergence of Ekweremadu as his deputy.
“Never in our wildest imagination did we envisage that some senators would not be present on the day of the inauguration. In my view, and in the view of some of those who worked closely with me, I worked hard for my election.
“I had direct contact with every single senator; one on one. Weeks to the election, I did not rely on anybody. I worked hard, both in our party, the APC, and out of it.
“I approached every senator, I talked to them. We built confidence, not only in the APC, but, also, in the PDP. I talked to them. That was why I laugh when people said that I had a deal with Ekweremadu or I had a hand in the emergence of Ekweremadu,” the Punch quoted the ex-governor of Kwara state explained.
The senate leader, who subsequently refused to grant his party’s wish over the appointment of several principal officers, also alleged that there were plans to have him kidnapped during the inauguration of the 8th National Assembly.
I Regret Ekweremadu's Emergence As My Deputy - Saraki I Regret Ekweremadu's Emergence As My Deputy - Saraki Reviewed by Mrcool on 08:44:00 Rating: 5

No comments

Post AD